For the last two months I have not written a single thing. I didn’t write a blog post or journal entry….NOTHING. Why you ask? Because absolutely nothing was inspiring me. Below is a list of (excuses) reasons why I have not put pen to paper….
- I am tired-seriously I am though?
- I am not inspired by anything-now I am whining…
- I don’t have time-ah yes, don’t you love this one?
- I'm taking a break to unplug-yes, I did do that but I still have my notebook and still didn’t write a darn thing.
- It was so cold and gross out who could be inspired it’s so dreary?! Truth.
Now that you know my lame excuses for not writing, I can tell you that it was more of a STRUGGLE thinking about sitting at my desk today than it was to actually just do it! When your days start to blend together it feels impossible to get motivated to do anything. Here is exactly how I got moving today.
- My Princess spent the weekend with her dad so I had some free time to get it together lol
- Imade a cup of tea and sat in front of my house on the stoop and listened to nature for 2-3 minutes. The outdoors can be really grounding and conjure up deep thoughts and inspiration.
- Next, I went inside and pulled out my all time favorite book.. Even though I have already read it 15 times, I skipped right to my favorite chapter and just read a few pages. A few ideas started flowing so I held my pen and notebook between my hands.
- After I put the book back, I grabbed my notebook and wrote down 3 places that I really want to travel to and specific reasons why. Once I started thinking about all these dreamy locations it sparked something in me, and I ran into my bedroom got my laptop and started typing.
After about 30 minutes of writing I had typed up almost 2 pages, and started this blog post. All it took was one hour of my time. . I think the last two months I have been too much pressure on myself to get some writing down during the little breaks that I have to myself on the weekends, if I'm not styling or running around like a crazy lady. It was stifling my creative juices. After getting two pages out in just an hour I feel amazingly accomplished.
I would love to know how you get motivated and find inspiration. If you would let me know either in the comment section below or over on Instagram that would be lovely